Profession: TEFL Teacher Trainer
Teaching Experience: ILP (Intergenerational Literacy Program); Chelsea, MA
September 2012-May 2014
Spanish GED Instructor (Intern)
- Instructing and preparing 20 native Spanish-speaking adults for various components of the Spanish GED.
- Counseling learners on how to identify attainable life goals and solidify a plan of action.
- Maintaining a weekly literacy log of the learners’ progress, which must be reported to the state, ultimately determining state funding for ILP.
- Attending a weekly seminar on basic education for children and adults.
BUILD; Dorchester, MA
January 2012-January 2013
In-class Assistant and Afterschool Tutor
- Stimulating oral and cognitive abilities with kindergarteners through one-on-one dialogues and drawing activities.
- Providing homework assistance to a group of ten second-grade students; stimulating improvement of literacy skills through play reading and reenactment.
Interests: My interests include listening to music (the broad range of genres), writing poetry, reading, photography, and of course, singing! Also, I think it's also important to mention that I don't take myself to seriously, I like to have fun and it's hard to find me without a smile. I am passionate about what I do, self-driven, straight forward, and patient.
Education: I graduated from Boston University with a joint major in Linguistics and Japanese and a minor in Spanish.
Spoken Languages: English (Native), Japanese (Conversational), Spanish (Fluent)