المهنة: retired business owner and teacher, author and current writer,
الخبرة التعليمية: • Recently completed four-month TEFL contract teaching onsite intermediate-level English lessons to Spanish-speaking employees of a Panama-based business client in the vacation rental business. Class size six, ages 20 to 35; two days/week, 60-minute classes. Focus was on fluency of conversation; understainding word order of sentence structure and accurate pronounciation.
• Onsite TEFL contract teaching beginning-level English lessons to Spanish-speaking staff of hotel/restaurant/hospitality business client in Panama. Class size limited to six, ages 16 to 40; two days/week, 60-minute classes. Focus was on conversational American English with emphasis on vocabulary in hospitality industry.
• Teaching children: Several years’ experience as a private homeschool teacher for ages 6 to 11, both individual and group lessons.
الاهتمامات: Diverse background includes founding and managing international online business, hosting a weekly radio show for overseasradio.com, working in the private sector in politics and in the legal industry.
التعليم: • B.B.A. in business and communication Barnes School of Business, Denver, Colorado. Studied French as undergrad at University of Colorado Denver campus, currently 31% proficient in Spanish.
• Colorado University Denver, classes in accounting, English language and accounting.
• Certified in Theory and Methodology of Teach English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) 250 hrs. Global-English Study Course, Exeter, UK.
• Independent study resources include Peter Roach’s English phonetics and phonology, Michael Swan’s Oxford English Grammar Course,Gimson’s Pronunciation of English.
لغات التحدث: الانجليزية (اللغة الأم)
فيديو الملف الشخصي: