Teaching Experience: Summer School Teacher- Camp Mirman- Summer 2014/2015
Working at a STEAM based summer camp, I taught Forensic Science, Stop Motion Animation, and a Jr. Detective class. Students were engaged in scientific inquiry in a fun and interactive environment.
• Students engaged in basic/introductory forensic science
• Helped students learn about deductive and inductive reasoning through play
• Worked with students on how to create an animation using a program called SAM Animation
Teacher- Brainrush Academy- Fall 2014
• Develop and implement STEAM based curriculum for an after school enrichment program at Chuck E. Cheese.
• provided a fun and creative atmosphere where students engaged in learning while having fun.
• marketed the program to various schools and local organizations in Thousand Oaks
English Teacher- Intelligent Learning- August 2013-April 2014
• As an English teacher in a Mandarin based after school program, I assisted students in grades 1, 3, 4, and 5.
• Developed and presented comprehensive lesson plans with a focus on reading comprehension, grammar and creative writing.
• Implemented varied strategies and differentiated assessments in order to meet the diverse needs in the classroom.
• Provided an interactive atmosphere and maintained interested, enabling students to hone in on their English skills.
• Instituted a positive classroom management to handle challenging behavior issues.
• Created fun and creative writing exercises to help students strengthen their writing skills.
Summer School Teacher-Children’s Day School- Summer of 2013/2014
As a summer school teacher, I taught a course focused on science called Grossology. Students were engaged in scientific learning in a fun and interactive atmosphere.
• Students learned how to culture bacteria in petri dishes.
• Helped students learn about the human body and the mechanisms that make it work.
• Students engaged basic/ introductory biology and were given outlets for further study
Substitute Teacher- Children’s Day School- September 2012- June 2013
• Provide instruction to students in grades K-8th when regular teacher was gone.
• Managed classroom environment and made sure students were finishing tasks that were assigned.
After School Teacher- Children’s Day School- September 2012- June 2013
• Worked with students in grade 4, 5, and 6 as a study hall teacher.
• Assisted them with homework, projects, and class assignments
Lower School Science Assistant Teacher- Mirman School for Gifted Children- August 2011-June 2012
• Coordinated with the two lower school science teachers in order to meet instructional goals.
• Helped prepare labs, activities, and gave input on lessons that were taught to students from ages 5 through 11.
• Assembled bulletin boards, graded tests and quizzes, and helped the teachers with classroom management.
Room 2 Assistant Teacher Mirman School for Gifted Children January 2009- June 2011
• Provided the lead teacher with assistance in planning daily activities for students.
• Helped organize, plan, and lead activities in reading, writing, and math.
• Supervised hands on activities and participated in educational games.
• Assisted the students with laptops and helped them get a better feel for technology.
• Graded assignments in spelling and math, and recorded the progress of each child in these areas.
• Offered one-on-one help with students struggling in math, reading, and spelling.
• Oversaw lunch and recess, and reported any behavior problems to the lead teacher.
• Took over classroom when lead teacher was absent, or needed to be in a meeting.
• Helped integrate technology in the classroom
Private Tutor: January 2009- June 2012
• Worked one on one with gifted elementary and middle school students in English, reading, writing, and mathematics..
Writing Lab Peer Tutor California State University, Northridge Aug 2006- May 2008
• Provided college students an environment where they felt safe to come and get assistance with their written work.
• Helped students develop efficient study strategies so they could better learn to manage their time. I have
• Did group workshops that were designed to assist professors in strengthening students writing and organizational skills.
Interests: Food, world affairs, science, popular culture, cultures around the world
Education: Stanford University
A Crash Course in Creativity – An online course that talked about the importance of creativity in our everyday lives.
Masters in Education/ Teaching Credentials- in progress
Certification in Gifted Education Training
California State University, Northridge
Bachelors of Art, 2008
Spoken Languages: English (Native)