Profissão: Special Education Teacher
Experiência de ensino: • Actively instructed learners with Emotional Disorder, Specific Learning Disability, Intellectual Disability, Other Health Impairment, Autism, and Asperger’s Syndrome in self-contained and inclusive classroom settings.
• Modeled, trained and consulted teachers on modifications and accommodations for instructional use.
• Proficiently implemented and developed IEPs that comply with regulations and guidelines.
• Employed diverse techniques to promote active learning including individualized instruction, problem-solving, assignments, and small group work.
• Exercised flexibility within the classroom addressing students’ needs through special accommodations.
• Administered KTEA-III testing and SOL testing with accommodations.
• Collected, managed and compiled data to monitor students’ behavioral and instructional progress.
• Organized and Facilitated Initial Eligibility and Evaluation meetings for caseloads using established meeting protocol.
• Assisted teachers with providing developmentally appropriate care and instructional activities for school age students.
• Developed and maintained mutually supportive relationship with parents, teachers and administration.
• Prepared various reports for teachers and administration.
• Conducted programs and activities that implement the emergent curriculum.
• Assumed temporary management of the classroom in the absence of the teacher and performed the duties of the teacher.
• Supervised and managed 25 – 75 students during daily routine.
• Supervised and managed 7 employees for the instructional curriculum and fundraisers.
• Taught curriculum that supported literacy, reading comprehension, math, science and social studies for school age students.
• Wrote and edited school age curriculum required for standardized testing for private schools.
• Developed and implemented lesson plans, quizzes and exams.
• Provided individual or small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum for students.
• Established and maintained standards for students’ behavior needed to provide an orderly, safe, healthy, stimulating and positive environment.
Interesses: Writing, Art and Sports
Educação: Liberty University - Master's of Arts in Special Education
Hampton University - Broadcast Journalism
Idiomas falados: inglês (Fluente)
Vídeo do perfil: