Profissão: ESL tutor
Experiência de ensino: I have been tutoring English as a foreign language since April 2017. These are the jobs I have had in the past:
• Au pair
• Nursing Assistant
• Research Assistant
• Activities Coordinator
What kinds of lessons do I offer?
1. Conversation with corrections throughout or at the end of the lesson.
2. Vocabulary lessons. I will spend the first half of the lesson teaching you common vocabulary and phrases and then we will spend the second half of the lesson practicing the new vocabulary in a conversation. You can select and review a lesson before you call me.
3. Speaking practice for the IELTS exam.
4. Reading and writing for the IELTS exam. I ask students to use a laptop and download the screenshare application for these lessons. I set my writing students homework which we review in the following lesson.
5. Listening practice. I help students practice their listening by asking them the same question twice. The first time I will say the question naturally (but slowly!). The second time I also write the question and this is displayed on the screen. This technique works well for students who are good at reading or have the subtitles set to their native language.
6. Games (“Would you rather?” “Hangman” “Two truths and one lie” etc)
7. Storytime for children. Again, I ask students to use a laptop and download the screenshare application for these lessons.
8. Do you like music? You can ask me to play my guitar or ukulele!
9. Reading an article. You can bring an article to the lesson if you want. These are my favourite websites for articles:
You can download screenshare here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cambly-screen-sharing/cfljncbnkpbeifbhjnhfkmoekifihkoi?hl=en
When we start our lesson let me know what you would like to practice and we will get started.
Interesses: Culture, Psychology, Philosophy, documentaries, music, films, and literature.
Educação: I graduated with a BSc (Hons) Psychology degree (2:1) in 2015 and I gained my Teaching English as a Foreign Language certificate in January 2017.
Idiomas falados: inglês (Nativo)
Vídeo do perfil: