Öğretmenlik Deneyimi: • Research- My education at the University of Texas –Pan American provided me with hands on field experience in ethnomusicological research projects and an opportunity to explore other musicological interests under the direction of Dr. Catherine Ragland.
• Instrumental- As assistant band director, I have 12 years of experience instructing students in both a concert and marching band setting. I have also served as the primary woodwind instructor for students in grades 6-12. As an instrumental teacher I have worked with beginner and advanced players.
• Music Appreciation – Through my position as a high school band director I had the opportunity to assist in teaching Music Appreciation dual enrollment courses for high school students.
• General Music – As current music teacher at Horizon Montessori, I have gained experience teaching general music to students in grades K-8 through the use of rhythm sticks, movement, exploration, keyboard skills, and singing.
• Band Director – La Joya Independent School District, La Joya, TX.
La Joya High School/Juarez Lincoln High School
Grades 6-12 in the capacity of Assistant Band Director/ Flute and Saxophone Instructor. Assisted with teaching music appreciation dual enrollment course to high school students
• Band Director – Storey Junior High School, Dallas, TX.
Responsible for teaching brass, woodwind, and percussion students in grades 7-8
• Saxophone Private Lesson Instructor – Argyle ISD, Argyle, TX.
• Woodwind Instructor – Lake Dallas ISD, Lake Dallas, TX. 1999-2001
• Student Teaching – Aubrey ISD, Aubrey, TX. 2001
İlgi Alanları: music, history, travel, border studies, reading
Eğitim: PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
MM Master of Music
University of Texas Pan-American, Edinburg, TX. Summa Cum Laude May 2013
BME Bachelor of Music Education
University of North Texas, Denton, TX. May 2001
“La Joya ISD Fine Arts: Teaching Mexican Identity through Music and Dance”
Faculty Advisors: Dr. Catherine Ragland, Dr. Virginia Davis
Committee Members: Dr. Cynthia Cripps and Dr. William O’Neil Spring 2013
Vida Chenoweth Student Paper Prize Recipient - Spring 2012
Best student paper selected by the Society for Ethnomusicology
Southern Plains Chapter
Konuştuğu Diller: İngilizce (Ana dil), İspanyolca (Akıcı)