Profissão: Instructional Leader/Coach
Experiência de ensino: New York City Department of Education
Middle School 289, “The Young Scholars Academy of the Bronx”, Bronx, NY (July 2012- Present)
Peer Instructional Coach (PIC)
• Work with teachers to implement best teaching practices as related to the Danielson framework.
• Attend professional development in regards to effective coaching, the Danielson framework and the Common Core Learning Standards.
• Observe teachers according to the Danielson framework. Provide feedback and strategies to help move teachers into highly effective categories.
7th Grade Social Studies Teacher
• Develop engaging lessons aligned to the Common Core Learning Standards.
• Use data and inquiry to differentiate and individualize instruction.
• Work with colleagues to incorporate cross-curricular strategies in Social Studies classes.
• Work with students to research and resolve debate topics using the public forum style of debate.
• Attend debate tournaments with students and coach them on speaking and research strategies aligned to the Common Core Learning Standards.
• Act as a liaison between the school and tournament officials and school sites.
• Designed and constructed a school website as a means of parent, student, and school communication.
• Created a system of positive behavior intervention (PBIS) to further a positive school culture.
• Obtained a charter for the National Junior Honor Society and established the schools first class of the honor society.
• Observed teachers to help provide instructional and management support.
• Created teacher schedules.
New York City Department of Education
Middle School 371, “Urban Institute of Mathematics”, Bronx, NY (Sept 2011- July 2012)
8th Grade U.S. History Teacher
• Worked collaboratively with colleagues to analyze student work and implement best practices.
• Used technology to engage students in differentiated lessons.
• Participated in weekly hours of professional development.
• Incorporated arts into the social studies content.
New York City Department of Education
Middle School 370, “School of Diplomacy”, Bronx, NY (Sept 2007- June 2011)
6th, 7th, & 8th Grade Art Teacher
• Enriched student education through the use of art in the classroom.
• Taught students various art techniques and styles, and incorporated the use of many materials.
• Used art to help students grasp a better understanding of core subject contents and skills.
• Secured additional funding for materials through grant programs such as “Donors Choose.”
6th Grade World History Teacher
• Used reverse mapping to plan for social studies units.
• Organized, created, and implemented curriculum, and lessons for sixth grade world history classes.
• Used student data to help target educational goals and to differentiate instruction.
• Incorporated the arts into social studies through the use of many creative projects.
8th Grade PBIS Leader & Dean
• Responsible for handling 8th grade discipline issues.
• Liaison to parents for grade wide discipline issues.
• Thoroughly communicated with administration to establish and maintain behavior plans for students.
Senior Class Yearbook Advisor
• Organized pictures and page layouts for the yearbook.
• Mentored 8th grade students in the creation of their yearbook.
South Orangetown Central School District
Tappan Zee High School, Orangeburg, NY (Sept 2006- June 2007)
• Worked as a one on one teaching assistant with a student with disabilities.
• Maintained quarterly running records, and maintained an active line of communication with his parents.
• Worked and helped to maintain the school’s learning center and resource room.
Interesses: I love traveling and getting to meet people from around the world. I love music. I love going to concerts and playing guitar. I love being creative and getting involved with creative projects with my children.
Educação: STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY
Post-Masters Advanced Graduate Certificate in Educational Leadership (May 2013)
Master of Arts in Teaching, Social Studies 5-12 (August 2008)
State University of New York College at Oneonta
Bachelor of Arts in Computer Art (May 2004)
Idiomas falados: inglês (Nativo)