Professione: English Teacher
Esperienza di insegnamento: Private Teacher, Proyecto Santa Teresa, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica February 2017 - May 2017
• Self-employed, independent freelance teacher
• Taught private English class for various age groups
• Students with native languages of Portuguese, Spanish and Italian.
• Created curriculum, lesson plans, course work, schedules, and payment plans
EFL Teacher, Proyecto Santa Teresa, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica March 2017 - May 2017
• Organized and facilitated community interest and generated enrollment
• Effectively instructed large and small adult groups through trimester-based language course
• Conducted needs-assessments and designed effective programming based on learners' needs
• Implemented original Adult EFL curricula and designed original lesson plans
Interessi: I love being outdoors! Growing up in Vermont I was constantly outside, playing in backyard, going on hikes, swims and all sorts of adventures. I have always loved words and English so reading for me is a big past time as well.
For the past few years I have spent about half the year traveling to various countries. I love learning about new places and cultures, trying new foods and speaking new languages.
I also love to snowboard, cook and play guitar!
Istruzione: Bachelor of Liberal Arts & Sciences, Portland State University, Portland, OR Winter 2012
Major: International Studies: International Development, Focus: Latin America
Proyecto TEFL January – February 2017
120 Hour TESOL Certified English Language Teacher
Course included 60+ hours of hands-on instruction
Teaching experience ranging from beginner to advanced adults
Formally trained in effective ESL, TESOL and TEFL teaching methodologies and best practices
Lingue parlate: inglese (Madrelingua)