Professione: English Teacher
Esperienza di insegnamento: I have been a certified English teacher (CELTA) since 2012 and have trained professionals on many different platforms since 2007.
As the Director of Business Training many years ago, I headed a new department creating education programs in the localization industry. Since then, I have been motivated to learn about many different cultures, education styles and technology in this specific industry as well as teaching English. I have taught children, teens, and adults in localization engineering, project management and, since 2012, ESL/EFL in Germany, France, Italy, and Lithuania.
• University of Cambridge CELTA certified Instructor since 2012
• Experience teaching Project Management skills to Engineering Professionals in Translation/Localization
• Experience teaching Localization skills to students at Bellevue College, Bellevue Washington State USA
• Designed and delivered project management productivity improvement training, leadership, and localization program modules resulting in an increase in participation by approximately 40% to new hire orientation at adaQuest, Inc.
• Conducted a needs assessment: identified learning objectives, determining and implementing learning methodologies, and creating materials for the classroom at adaQuest, Inc.
• Created and taught “Introduction to Localization Workshop,” and Soft Skills for a “Localization/Internationalization Engineering Course”
• Previous Member of the Board of Education for University of Washington (Seattle USA) focusing on the development of Project Management Localization Education
Interessi: Cooking, wine, travelling, trekking, skiing, riding motorcyles
Istruzione: UNIVERSITY OF CAMBRIDGE (ESOL)
CELTA Teaching Certificate, June 2012
IDT INTEGRATED DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES, Pasadena CA USA
Technical Training Course: Presentation Techniques for Effective Classroom Instructions
INSTITUT D'ENSEIGNEMENT DE LA LANGUE FRANÇAISE SUR LA CÔTE D'AZUR, Hyeres, France
French Language Certificate, 2006
UNIVERSITY of WASHINGTON, Seattle WA USA
B.S. Mathematics, Philosophy 1999 - 2002
CLARK COLLEGE, Vancouver WA USA
Associate of Arts, pre-Engineering, June 1999
Lingue parlate: inglese (Madrelingua), italiano (Buono), francese (Base)