Profesión: ESL Teacher
Experiencia en educación: Hello there! It’s nice to meet you, you can call me Ben. I’m from England, and by booking lessons with me, you will get a teacher with:
- 3 years of teaching experience
- A CELTA qualification from the renowned International House London where CELTA first originated
- A first class BA English Literature degree
- A clear, southern British accent
- A friendly personality who will make you smile when you learn (that’s a promise!)
When I first started, I worked as a private tutor for adults, helping them pass their C1 Advanced / CAE exams. After one year, I decided to work in a private language school, which I did for 2 years, teaching ages 10 to 50+, with many different types of lessons. Some curriculums focused heavily on grammar, others specifically on conversation and fluency.
My teaching philosophy is that students learn best through conversation and verbal correction as this is how native speakers learn their own language. I allow my students to speak for 5 to 10 minutes and then we review their good sentences and mistakes, looking at grammar rules and identifying repeated errors. It’s also very important for me to make learning personalised and fun because I believe talking about personal topics makes students much more engaged as it means more to them.
Intereses: Emotions, real things, psychology, love and relationships, philosophy, intellectual discussion/debates, gender roles, culture, traditions, skydiving, freediving, bungee jumping, nature and, of course, languages.
Educación: - First class BA English Literature and Theatre degree
- CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults)
Idiomas que hablas: inglés (Nativo)