Profissão: Technical Draughtsman
Experiência de ensino: • English and Italian Teacher; Translator – Connect Colombia Soluciones Lingüísticas - Tunja, Colombia – June 2016 - Present
Teaching English and Italian classes of up to fifteen people in private and corporate settings, for children as well as adults.
Class planning, preparing class materials, evaluations and assessments; TOEFL, TOEIC and IELTS exam preparation; tutoring sessions for ESP (English for specific purposes);
Translations and proof readings for academic papers and documents across the departments and faculties.
Planning, organizing and executing business and school immersion courses in Boyacá, Colombia.
• English and Italian Teacher – Universidad Santo Tomás – Tunja, Colombia - July 2014 - June 2016
Teaching English in classes of up to forty people.
Class planning, preparing class materials, evaluations and assessments; progress monitoring and tutoring sessions and classes with ESP for specific faculties.
Italian and English classes in the Santo Tomás Language Institute for University staff and private students.
Translations for academic papers and documents across the departments and faculties.
Collaboration with other teachers in pedagogical research studies.
• English and Italian Teacher – FNL Language Solutions Bogotá, Colombia – 2012-2014
Teaching English and Italian in classes of up to eight people in corporate and private settings. Preparing class materials, progress monitoring and one to one feedback.
Assessing levels of competence according to CEFR, IELTS or TOEFL standards.
Proof reading and translations of thesis papers and academic writing.
• Part time English Teacher – Tetraigo UK – Bournemouth, UK - 2010-2012
Preparing lesson plans, assessing levels of competence, selecting a range of materials for each student and monitoring progress. Teaching adults in classes of up to four people.
Interesses: TRying to always learn more of and generally keep in top shape my Spanish and Italian, which is a constant labour of love.
Music, I love playing guitar and bass in a band and like many genres of music new and old, from all over the world.
I do pilates and ride my bike to keep in shape.
I follow motorsport, like the motoGP and Formula 1 (Rossi and Verstappen are two of my favourites)
I love to read and watch documentaries on various topics, especially those concerning history and prehistory, as well as geography, general culture and technology.
Last but not least, I like to spend time with my family, going out for walks in natural settings.
Educação: - Workshop on Problem Based Learning - Universidad Santo Tomás, Tunja, Colombia – February 2016
- Curso de Formación para Docentes de Español como Lengua Extranjera (ELE) - International House, Bogotá, Colombia – January 2014
- ITTC Bournemouth, Cambridge – January 2012 – ESOL Level 5 Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (CELTA)
- International Diploma In HSEQ (Trabajo seguro en alturas, rescate y primeros auxilios) - Instituto Tecnico Integral Petrolero, Bogotá, Colombia – September 2013
- 3D & Solid Modelling AutoCAD City & Guilds LVL3 - Tresham College: 2003 –
- A-Levels: Modern History, Sociology - FHMR Sixth Form, Rushden, UK - 1996-1998
- Certificato di Scuola Media (equivalent to GCSEs/High school) Scuola F. Montesi, Rome, Italy - 1995
Idiomas falados: inglês (Nativo), italiano (Nativo), espanhol (Fluente)